"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Now you see them, now you don't....

Well, the local tv stations are all abuzz about the possibility of  Isaac becoming a hurricane and affecting the West Coast of Florida.    The next 24 hours will tell us if we need to get serious about preparing, even if it's a glancing blow.   This morning the weather crew said that the storm is 1,000 miles across, so even if it goes into the center of the Gulf, we're still going to have a lot of wind and rain here.

On that note, I thought I'd post some pics of the plants that will probably get stripped of their foliage next week.   They sure won't be pretty after hurricane force winds pound them.....giggle...


This beauty is Angel's Trumpet which is planted in a huge planter in our backyard.   I've always wanted one but hesitated planting it because the blooms are poisonous if ingested.   I think the grandbabies are old enough at this point to know not to eat flowers......just sayin'!


And this is my favorite plant this year......Lily of the Nile.   The blooms are huge, at least 7" across or more!   I've got these babies planted as a mass in front of the veggie garden fence and they were so pretty this year in full bloom.

 
I know, it's way past magnolia bloom season, but this was so pretty I thought I'd include it.  The squirrels have been going nuts eating the pods left behind after the blooms fall to the ground.   The tree that this bloom came from is smack dab in the middle of our front yard and faces the Gulf, so I hope the winds don't damage it much. 

Well, so much for the early morning tour, time to go buy gallon jugs of water and check my battery stash.  
Debbie