"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Monday, August 27, 2012

Hurricane Party

You've all seen it before.    A hurricane is barreling toward a portion of our coastline and inevitably someone is shown on tv hosting a hurricane party.   They are usually held at a local bar and everyone seems to be having a good time ignoring the howling wind and pelting rain.  Sound like fun to you?

Ummmm, I think I'd rather hang out at home and check the Weather Channel for updates.   Call me boring.......it works for me.  Instead, I make Mermaid Munch.   Yes, I said Mermaid Munch.  Here's what it looks like...........



To make it put 1 cup chocolate chips, 1/2 cup peanut butter, & 1/4 cup butter into a bowl and microwave for one minute.   Stir and microwave for 30 seconds more.   Stir until smooth and add 1 teaspoon vanilla.  


Put 9 cups Rice Chex cereal in a large bowl and pour the chocolate-peanut butter mixture over the Chex and stir until the cereal is evenly coated.  Sift 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar over the bowl and stir until coated.   Spread on wax paper to let it cool and then store the munch in an airtight container. 

 
 Add a fun label and you're ready for the storms!   Yum, Mermaid Munch!   Try it, I think you'll like it.   You can also add pecan halves, other nuts, coconut, chocolate chips or white chocolate chunks.   Experiment......it's addictive.

Munching out,
Debbie