"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Sunday, August 19, 2012

End of Summer

Tell me it isn't so!   How can it be the end of summer already?   Two of my grandkids started back to school last Monday and the other two start tomorrow.   It just doesn't seem right.....my internal calendar says summer lasts from June until Labor Day.   The day after Labor Day was always the first day of school when we were kids and it feels "off" to me when the kids start back to school in August.

Of course, summer lasts until December in Florida......at least temperature and sunny weather-wise!   Here are some beach pics to remind us of summer all year long.   Hope you enjoy them.

This pic was taken as a storm was coming in off the Gulf of Mexico at Indian Rocks Beach.


Yummy, beachy, sink-my-toes-in-the-sand colors......can you feel the breeze and taste the salty tang in the air?


Are these birds sandpipers, terns, or something else?   I don't know.....I just call all little brown, white and grey birds that scavenge thru the surf sandpipers.   And I 've been trying to capture them with my camera for decades!    Hmmmmm, I think I need a bigger lens, a tripod and a lot more patience.   Maybe next year.  LOL



Wouldn't you love to grab a good book and sit on a beachside screen porch and watch this storm blow in over the water?   We all need to have our fantasies, don't we?   That's how I'd like to mark the end of summer.   How about you?


Just Chillin',
Debbie