"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Friday, August 31, 2012

'Maters

Green 'maters, or green tomatoes if you please.  Who would have thought that the tomatoes I picked early so the worms wouldn't get them would turn into something so yummy?


They were beautiful but most definitely very green.   Welcome, Paula Deen.   Gotta love her Southern inspired recipes.   Look, I may have spent the last 30 plus years in Florida, but I grew up in Penna. and nobody prepared green tomatoes up there.  So, I defer to true Southern women when I want to know how it's really done.


Oh-my-goodness!   They were wonderful!  And the remoulade was over the top.   Yup, I think I like Southern food.

Still wiping my mouth,
Debbie