"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Friday, August 17, 2012

Mountain "High"

I love the mountains.....especially the Appalachian mountains.   My childhood home was nestled near the base of one of the Blue Ridge mountains in Pennsylvania and I spent many happy hours roaming the woods as a kid.  That is probably what started a lifelong love affair with the cool, green lushness of the mountains.   Not to mention that now that I live in Florida, the idea of spending some of the long hot days of summer in a cool mountain retreat is sooooo seductive.

With that thought in mind, my husband and I planned a week long trip to the mountains of North Carolina an hour north of Asheville.   We were fortunate enough to stay at his boss's cabin at 4400' above sea level, high on a mountaintop with gorgeous long range views.  What a treat!
Twilight looking out over the valley.

How's this for a view from the kitchen?  I'd love to be in one of those rocking chairs right now!
This was an early morning sunrise with mist hanging over the valley.  Breathtaking!
Watching a storm blow across the mountains called for a hot cup of coffee and a good book.

Yup, I think I could go back there......someday.   It's too bad Florida doesn't have any mountains.    If it did, I don't think I'd ever leave the state!
Deb