"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Monday, September 10, 2012

Home Town

The town I spent most of my childhood in......is just a gap in the mountain of the Blue Ridge mountain chain.   Driving north from Philadelphia toward the Pocono Mountains, the road gently winds up and over hills through beautiful farmland dotted with neatly maintained barns next to centuries old stone farmhouses.


And then the gap in the Blue Ridge mountain appears and I know I'm almost there....


My understanding is that the gap was created millions of years ago by glaciers that sliced their way through the mountain.   I remember waiting at the bus stop as a teenager in deep snow as the wind came howling from the north through the gap, whipping the skirt of my dress and heavy winter coat.  

Brrrr,
Where are you from?
Debbie