"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Friday, September 14, 2012

Can You Canoe?

Got a call this morning from my mom, asking if I could help her retrieve a "Scanoe" from a sporting goods store and drop it off at her friend's  house.   "How hard can it be?" is our family motto......usually followed by a fit of giggles.   I was hoping this wouldn't be one of those times.

I arrived at the store and she was out front with the salesman, and a 14" canoe was sitting by the curb, just waiting for someone to take him home.    We tried putting it on the roof of my car and then the guys lifting it informed us that they cannot tie it for us because of liability issues.   I'm in a dress and heels and mom definitely shouldn't be trying to wrangle with the big red thing, either.   We finally figured out that the back of my SUV has a window that opens and the guys loaded the Scanoe into the car.


I drove to her friend's house with 4 feet of red boat sticking out of the back of my car, but we got there without incident.    Ok, it may have been 5 feet.   It sure looked funny, though.

 
Luckily I didn't have to make any right hand turns because this baby was kinda in my way....this is the front seat of my car with the scanoe almost up to the windshield.   You just never know what kind of trouble my mom will get me into!    Ha!   We had a few giggles pulling this one off, that's for sure.

Delivery girl,
Debbie