"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Friday, September 21, 2012

"Porchy" Pig

When Jeremy was about three and a half years old, Julie and I were talking to him about cartoons.  He kept mentioning "Porchy Pig" and we would correct him and say it was Porky Pig.   He would look at us with defiance and repeat "Porchy Pig" and Julie and I would dissolve into a fit of giggles, which only made Jeremy madder.   Which made us laugh even more because he was so stinkin' cute with his fierce facial expressions.

Now, what does that have to do with today's post?   Well, whenever I make pork, I think of Porchy Pig and I smile all over again.   Here's what we had for dinner last night......

 This pork roast was marinated in garlic and lemon and herbs and grilled over medium high heat until the thermometer read 160 degrees.   Let it rest covered in aluminum foil for 10 minutes and then slice against the grain to retain all the juices.  Yum!    Add veggies and a salad and enjoy.

As Porky would say, "That's all folks!",
Deb