"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Do you "Pinterest"?

I admit it........I'm hooked...........addicted, even..........crazy about............gotta have it........
Pinterest is what I'm talking about.   If you haven't gone there yet, just try www.pinterest.com and see what all the fuss is about.  It's an idea forum in pictures.   People submit photos of everything and anything and you can collect the photo ideas (called pinning) onto your own boards.  Think of it as clipping pics from your favorite magazines and pinning them up on your bulletin board.......except it's all done on your computer......and you don't have to buy expensive magazines.........and you can keep adding and adding to your boards as much as you want for free!

What I love about Pinterest is the wide variety of ideas I get.........like recipes............like how to get my whites white..............like how pretty a bathroom remodel can look............like how to scrapbook your child's wedding.......and on and on it goes.    Having said all that, I saw an idea for my garden that I loved and decided to give it a try.   Recently Jeremy changed out his bedroom and we had a large, well made dresser mirror taking up space in our garage.   I brought it inside this week and painted the wood with two coats of primer and two coats of flamingo pinky-peachy paint leftover from my shop.   Ta-da!   A totally free addition to our yard.   Tonight I convinced Joel and Jeremy to drill some holes and hang it up for me.......

It's now on the fence in the back of our yard facing the house and pool.  Depending where you are standing in the yard, you get really pretty reflections of the sky, the pool, or the white Bird of Paradise plants.  


The mirror is about four feet high and provides a bright focal point behind all the tropical plants behind the pool.   I think I'm going to like it there!    Joel isn't so sure.............yet!   giggle

Workin' on a Key West yard,
Debbie