"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Winter, really?

This morning I woke up to the most beautiful day.    This is winter?    I guess it's not all snow and ice and temperatures in the teens here on the plateau.   We've really been enjoying the brisk weather, especially since it doesn't seem to stay that way for long.   And today the forecast is for sunshine and temps in the high 50's. 
 The sky is the most achingly beautiful blue this morning and there are birds singing all around me.  The earth is muddy from all the snow melt and I can hear the cows from the next farm, mooing as they wander around their pasture.  There's a light breeze turning our little wind vane around and around.
Hmmmmm......sometime in the very near future, I think I'll need to spend a couple of days repainting all the white wood around the farm.....like these swings, and the grape arbors, and the wood around the pavilion.

Every morning I watch the wary bluebirds as they hop to the ground from the high branches of the oak trees.   They swoop down to the ground and dart around, picking up bugs and occasionally they bring small twigs and grasses into their birdhouse.   There is a pretty good sized nest inside this particular house.  I wish I could capture the birds on film for you, but they are so skittish I've not had very good success taking a decent pic of them yet.   But I'll keep working on it.   They are the prettiest blue I've ever seen in a bird.   Can't wait to show you.
I'm looking for some lovely colored, empty eggs to put inside this nest on our porch.    You know, like robin's eggs or quail eggs.    I'll find some, just give me a little time. 

In the meantime, welcome to our sanctuary.   Yes, that is a perfect description for what we have here on the farm.......our little sanctuary.    Winter or Spring, this lifestyle suits us.
Country Debbie