"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Sunday, February 9, 2014

"Rustic" Kitchen

Living out of boxes gives a whole new meaning to the term rustic, doesn't it?   
We saved 2 of the old narrow cabinets from the old kitchen during the tear out and also reused a short piece of formica countertop as a makeshift counter next to the .....ummmmm....utility sink where we wash dishes.   At least this gives us a little bit of function and provides a place for our caffeine....an essential component of the Roberts' morning routine.
The walls are painted light aqua/blue where there will be no cabinets in the finished kitchen.   Right now it looks a little hodge podge with 3 different colors on the walls.   At least now we are not relying on Mother Nature to be our refrigerator as our new stainless steel beauty got delivered Thursday.   It's been so cold that we just left our coolers on the screened back porch with the lids open.  Man, I've never been so glad to get a refrigerator as I was this week.   Someday soon we'll have a floor to ceiling pantry where the white table and appliances are now.
 Thank goodness we had all these sturdy folding tables that have become my temporary counters.   Nothing like a Tupperware storage/tea towel holder/cookbook/workspace in the kitchen.  Ha!
At least we  have the large china cupboard that I can use to access our everyday items.   And Joel brought the bin up from the barn that has my Valentine's decor in it so the table is ready for Valentine's day.   Don't roll your eyes at me.....giggle.   I needed to do something to bring some semblance of normalcy to our lives.    
Ok, I just had to show you the adorable tea towels Barb hand embroidered for me....yes, I said hand embroidered.    That's a lot of stitching!    What a thoughtful gift for her to make for me!   They're beautifully done and I love the border fabric on the bottom of each one.   I have a feeling they're going to get a lot of use as I will be hand washing dishes for a long time to come.   And as for the goat calendar, well, it is kinda making me rethink the whole goat thing.   We'll see....

Back to unpacking,
Debbie