"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Friday, February 14, 2014

Red Banner Day

Happy Valentine's Day to one and all.   Go on, give someone a big warm hug today.....a loved one, a good friend, your co-worker.   It'll make you both feel good.   And it may even make you both giggle a little.

As I sit here typing this I am watching a very industrious family of bluebirds building a nest.   Maybe they are getting ready for the next generation of bluebirds.    Is there any greater form of love than preparing for those we love?    As for me, the way I show love is to serve......serve food, serve drink, show hospitality.....you know what I mean. 

And that's why I couldn't seem to help myself when I asked Joel to drag out one of my holiday bins....the one with the Valentine's and St. Patty's placemats and red and green decorations.   We may still be living with boxes stacked around us, but we can still take a few moments to cherish each other.
So from our farm to your house, we wish you a red banner day.   Now I'm going to go make myself a cappuccino.   Hey, you knew that was coming!

Signing off,
Sentimental Debbie