"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Thursday, February 13, 2014

This is More Like It!

Woo-hoo!    I woke up this morning at 6:15 and made my way in the early morning light to the window to see how much snow was on the ground.   After quickly pulling on a turtleneck, some jeans and warm outer gear I made my way down to the barn to retrieve a shovel.   Ummmm.......we never bought a snow shovel.    Guess I'll be putting that on my ever growing list for the next trip to town.   Oh, well, a heavy duty shop broom might be a good second choice.

Why a broom?   Well, last night when Joel took Molly out for the last trip around the yard before bedtime, she came in with 1" snowballs firmly attached to all 4 legs and her belly.   She was shivering and we ended up giving her a warm bath to help melt the snowballs off.   My thought was to clear a path for her to do her business so she wouldn't end up freezing every single time we took her outside.  And it worked!  No more snowballs entangled in her hair.

Then I got to have some fun as I grabbed my Nikon and headed back out into the winter wonderland. 


 The trees actually looked like someone had sprayed them with flocking, there was such a heavy layer on all the branches.
 And we actually got just a little more than 4" of snow.....more than we thought we'd get.
 Here's the snowbush I showed you yesterday.....the branches look so pretty with a thick layer of snow on them.
 My Tahoe has never seen this much snow on it.
You can see that the snowplow has made at least one quick pass on Blaylock Road, but it doesn't appear that any cars have traveled down the road yet.

Snow can even make barbed wire look good.   I just love all things rustic, utilitarian and ordinary......with a bit of snow on top, of course!
By now the sun was trying to peek from behind Hinch Mountain.
And here's a view of our deep wooded acreage.
Thanks, Susan, for the boots.....boy have they ever come in handy.    And they've kept my feet warm and dry.
Whenever we go outside, Molly takes up her new favorite perch on the wingback chair next to the window.   She's got to keep an eye on us, you know.
And just before I went inside to warm up, the clouds broke open and blue skies appeared.   For all our friends and family in Florida, I hope you've enjoyed this little trip around our farm's winter wonderland.   And to all our friends and family who live in a snowy climate, well, just bear with me while I ooooh and aaaaah over these new experiences.

Just Chillin',
Debbie