"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Thursday, September 22, 2011

D's "E. A.", Part Eleven

Days 15 & 16: 
I just couldn't bear the thought of getting back in the car for another 11-1/2 hour drive so soon after arriving at Barb's.   We decided I should rest a whole day before attempting the last leg of the trip home to Pinellas County.  It was a pleasure to putter around in the sewing room with Barb and wander through the gardens and woods.  Even though I've enjoyed living in a bustling county for over 30 years, there is still a very big part of me that yearns for my own place in the country.  Is it true that as we get older, our lives come full circle and we revert back to the things and places of our childhood?  Let me know if you figure that out, ok?

Thanks, Barb, for all the fun I had doing projects with you.  It was just like old times; stenciling, sewing, knitting, gardening and all the other crazy things we managed to get ourselves involved in. 
I wish you and Chuck many, many years of sitting on your front porch while you survey your "kingdom".   Giggle.......my hat's off to "The Lady of Lawrence County".


Now it was clearly time for me to start for home.  The morning was cool (only in the 50's!) as I drove down the curvy lane and onto the country road leading to the highway.   These cotton fields were everywhere and I just had to stop and shoot a couple of pics for you to see. 
Do you see the white cotton boll in among the leaves?   It was a little too soon for the cotton to be ready for harvest, so the plants only had a few splotches of white chunks of raw cotton on them.   Soon it would be harvest time.
Six hours later I was ready to cross into Florida once again.   Home couldn't be that far away, could it?  

Wow!   Back in the Eastern Time Zone ...........only 7 more hours or so to go.   It was around 7pm when I finally pulled into our driveway.   The palm trees were swaying and the sun was dropping low into the Gulf of Mexico when I hauled my weary body out of the car.  Before going into our house I jotted down the odometer reading.   It really was good to be back home......Jeremy and Joel greeted me with as much enthusiasm as I felt about seeing both of them.  I'm glad I made this journey, but I'm really glad to be back home again.

Number of days on the trip: 16
Cost of gasoline: $534.54
Wedding pulled off: One
Friends visited: Three (plus Barb's twice)
States driven: Six
Miles logged: 3,057.9 miles
Rest areas visited: Who counted those?
Memories made: Countless & Priceless

Maybe by next year I'll be ready for another trip,
Debbie