"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Almost There

How could it possibly be November already? The last 4 weeks have just flown by as all the painting, decision making, lugging stuff into the shop, cleaning, arranging and rearranging of product has occured. As things stand now, I intend to open the shop Tuesday, November 4th. Yup! Election Day.

The last time I worked this hard was 25 years ago when I was working full time and in nursing school full time. This is definitely more fun....tee-hee. This weekend I plan to finish painting the desk Joel built for me last Sunday, hang the last few items on the walls, paint a table where I can eat my lunch, finish touching up the baseboard around the entire shop, and scrub the last of the grout film off of the tile floor.

I planted pots in front of the shop late last Monday, and then an unusually early cold front blew very cold air on them (we had temps in the 40's, then add wind chill) and damaged them, so, I may be replanting them tomorrow. Today and tomorrow, Gina should be at the shop painting my name outside on two walls. She has already finished my "OPEN" sign for inside the front window, and I can hardly wait to see it. Gina is my ex-husband's (transplanted from Penna.) grown daughter and is an art teacher at an elementary school near Joel's office. She's very talented and I was lucky she was available on such short notice to do my artwork. God just keeps producing solutions daily to the long list of "to-do's", so work is rolling along smoothly.

Now, if I could just get some sewing done................

By the way, this past Tuesday our local Channel 10 News came by and interviewed me for the bra purses since it's Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Kathryn Bursch, the reporter, was so easy going and the interview was over before I knew it. When she was finished, I showed her the other items I sew and she said she'd like to interview me again for the tie pillows.

The pillows are a great way to use Dad's/husband's ties as a memory of them after they've gone to heaven. Well, she said if someone was willing to be interviewed about their loss, and what it meant to them to have a way of seeing their ties in a pillow, a tangible way they could connect with their loved one that I should call her. Wouldn't you know it, two days ago, a friend introduced me to someone who was very excited to do just that. She lost her father a few months ago, and told me what a dapper dresser he was, and how many ties he had. I'll keep you posted on how this all turns out. Meanwhile, if you'd like to view Tuesday's interview, click on the link below.

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/watercooler/story.aspx?storyid=93056&catid=58

Well, it's time to get back to work. I'll be sure to post more pics over the next couple of days so you can view the finished product.

Paintin', cleanin', luggin', scrubbin' Debbie signing off.