"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Monday, November 10, 2008

It's Official, P.F.T. is open

Wow! What an amazing 5 week transformation, both at the shop and in my life. Opening day was Tuesday, November 4th, election day. See, now I'll never forget the date because it was a national event.....ummmm, the election, that is. In 5 short weeks, the shop has gone from a sad, dark, hot clump of rooms, to a light and bright, air conditioned open space that is very conducive to creating fun fiber art.

And, my life has changed from being a full time mom and housewife to sole proprietor of my own dream. How amazing is that? Today is the first day in over 5 weeks that I've taken a morning off, stayed in my jammies sipping my cappuccino, doing some laundry and catching my breath. Hey, everyone needs time to regroup, and I needed a morning to refocus on "what's next" at the shop now that the opening and the annual show is behind me.

Yesterday, Sunday, was the big annual show in Antique Alley with an additional 45 vendors set up all along the Alley. Thank goodness my two friends, Teresa and Susan Marie were kind enough to hang out with me all day long to lend me a hand. They were super at talking to everyone who entered the shop, showed them all around, explained the quilts, pillows, and bra purses to potential customers, and made everyone feel welcome. Thanks, girls, for an awesome job done! I could have never done it without your hard work and enthusiasm.

It's hard to know how many people attended the show, but, we had customers and well wishers in the shop all day long, and I had to finally lock the door at 4:20 to close up(the show ended at 4). My persistent sore throat had finally done me in, and I was more than ready to head home to rest up.

Now, my job is to sew for the ladies who have placed orders, and make as much new product as possible. You see, The Alley has another event coming up on December 9th called The Stroll. As explained to me, we are going to line the Alley with candle luminarias, have Christmas music playing, and hopefully have carolers, too. Each shop is decorated for Christmas and serves refreshments as folks wander from shop to shop taking in the festivities. I just looooove Christmas and can't wait for the Stroll. It also includes shops along Indian Rocks Road, too, for a few blocks in both directions. So, if you want to take in the festivities and get some shopping done, come and join us on December 9th from 6-8PM.

Well, now I must get back to work......only it doesn't feel like work, it's actually fun! There are tie pillows to make, and fabrics to be found for a client, so, I'm off to the shop. Come and see me sometime....as several customers remarked yesterday, "It's such a happy place!" How's that for a compliment?

Guess it would help if you knew the hours I'm open, wouldn't it? Mondays I expect to be there, but not truly open as that's a day for me to sew like crazy to get caught up. Tuesday, 10-5, Wednesday, 1-6(I've got Bible study in the morning), Thursday & Friday, 10-5, and Saturday 10-4.

Creating more and more,
Debbie