"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Confetti


How about we shake things up a bit? It's time to start posting pictures of a few of the items I've been sewing since most of the construction/decorating/rearranging phase is behind me now. After all, isn't that why I opened PFT in the first place?

Every couple of days I'll highlight something new, so even if you live far away and can't come to the shop personally, you'll still be able to see some of the fun and funky "stuff" hot off the sewing machine. Speaking of funky, how do you like this pillow? I wish I could say I came up with this idea, but ......... sigh, alas, I just mimicked one I saw. The fabrics are batik, bright, and kinda curly thanks to a tumble in the washer and dryer after being stitched down and cut in 1/2" widths. Inside is a down pillow insert, so, it's reeeeeally soft and gooooshie.

Well, after the pillow was completed, I started thinking of all kinds of things I could do with this technique. How about the top of a hot pink Christmas stocking? Wouldn't that be fun? Might just have to do that this weekend! Or, how about an entire floor cloth so it looked like an area rug? Or, the front side of a wild purse with a shoulder strap?

See what happens? One idea just leads to another. Oh, well, back to the pillow. It looks like such a riot of colors thrown together that I call this one "Confetti". Works for me!

Havin' too much fun,
Debbie