"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Sunday, November 2, 2008

2 days and counting....hmmm, just like McCain






I
think this one picture says it all, don't you? I spent another 13 hours at the shop yesterday, and honestly, I don't know where the time goes. It seemed like I had just gotten there and it was dinner time already. I reheated some Greek food from the refrigerator, and kept sewing. Before I knew it, it was 10 o'clock!
Now, in all honesty, this pic is from last weekend. The studio portion you are looking at doesn't look like this anymore. I just wanted you to get the flavor of the fun I've/we've been having. The desk still has to be painted today(if Joel would please finish putting on the corbels). He is just about "over" helping me with all these honey-do's. And Gina is on her way to paint the signage. I'm going to finish painting some pieces, and hang the last of the various stuff that has to be hung. Tomorrow, I'm locking the doors, scrubbing the floor, and pricing everything I currently have in stock.
THEN, Tuesday is my first official day open! There will be lots of kinks to work out, but, there just isn't any more prepping to be done, I simply need to jump right in and open. Oh, man, pray for me, please. And, next Sunday, the 9th, is the big show in Antique Alley. Should be interesting, don't you think? By the way, the phone number for the shop is going to be in the next phone directory and the yellow pages. The number is 474-3893, and the address is 596 Indian Rocks Road N., Suite A-1, Belleair Bluffs, Florida, 33770. My corrected business cards came Friday, so, now at least when I hand them out they have the right info on them.
Well, I'm off to meet Gina and have some more fun. Hope to see you all soon at the shop.
One very happy girl,
Debbie