"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Wild Violets

One of the things I have begun to learn about living here on the farm is to slow down and notice the "little things".   Like the sounds early in the morning of all the local farm critters waking up as I take Molly out for her morning walk.   And the frogs that make a "cheep-cheep"-ing call from down in our hollar at dusk.   And the surprise of walking outside this afternoon only to discover the ground is loaded with wild violets.


Over the last few days I had seen a few light lavender violets pop up through the grass, but today our yard seemed to be full of them....some were even a really deep shade of purple.   I haven't seen wild violets in decades and it was just one of those "Thank you, Lord" moments, when I just appreciate being where I am.   Right here and now.  
Hmmm, I wonder if I can dig up a few and plant them in a pot so I can have some in the house to admire?
And I wonder how long they will be blooming......just this spring or all through the summer?  It'll be fun to keep an eye on the yard to see how long they bloom.

Grateful for the little things,
Debbie