"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Quick Peek at Our Easter Decor


Even though we are still living with quite a few boxes unpacked due to the lack of cabinets in the kitchen and small closets in the entire house, I still can't resist the urge to decorate.....just a wee bit for the holidays.   Our back porch is the main entry into the farmhouse so it's the natural place to do a bit of decorating.  But the porch is long and narrow and when it rains anything up against the screens gets wet, so right now I've put all the rocking chairs and tables up against the house to protect them.  

This sofa table used to be in our living room but it works so well out here on the porch and gives me a flat surface on which to put cute objects.   Like the ceramic bunnies.....and the chalkboard....and the runner I made years ago from an old ragged quilt in Easter colors.
As you can see, I've been having fun experimenting with the grandkids' chalk.  Who knew that chalkboard art would be elevated and find a place in home decor?
And doesn't everyone have an egg wreath hanging on their door?   Can you see the April mini-quilt hanging in the background?  I just love those monthly little guys.
I even found my Easter tablecloth.....miracle of miracles!    And the bunny plates, cups and saucers are just too cute.....
Ok, I know I promised that I'd show you pics of my cabinets.....and then I forgot all about it.   So here is the bookshelf built along the right hand side of the refrigerator in the kitchen.   I am so happy to finally have a home for all my cookbooks.   After the rest of the kitchen is finished, the counter portion of this bookshelf will have a matching countertop installed.   But for now at least there is a painted wooden countertop in place.   And the bunnies are very happy to rest there for a while. 

 Behind the bunnies is a needlepoint of fresh asparagus that I stitched many years ago.   The fresh asparagus remind me of Easter, and so every year the stitched pic gets pulled out for a few weeks and displayed.  Normally I have much more put out for Easter but this year I'm keeping it simple.  Works for me!

How do you decorate for Easter?
Debbie