"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Monday, April 28, 2014

"The" Checklist

We all have one, don't we?   A list of projects that we'd like to finish up....maybe it's written down and tacked up on the refrigerator or just in your head.   It's funny how that list can just grow and grow, isn't it?   One of the things on my list was for my guys to cut off 3 of our inside doors so they would close over the area rugs.  
 
 And thanks to the handy work of Joel and Jeremy the doors now glide over the rugs without a hitch.
 While the guys were busy with the doors, I started to paint some of the wood around the farm that needed a bit of sprucing up.   A few days earlier I had pressure washed one of the grape arbors to prepare it for paint.   A few hours of washing and scraping was all it took so the wood could accept a decent coat of crisp white paint.
 While I was at it I decided to paint the posts of the birdhouse and feeder we installed a few weeks ago.
 And here is the arbor......almost done.  Can you see the bluebird getting ready to go inside his house?    Poor guy, I think I scared him to death painting around his nest.   He kept flying out and sitting on a nearby tree branch watching me.   I hurried as fast as I could to get "his end" of the arbor done so as not to stress him too much.
As I type this we are under tornado warnings.....hmmmmmm, maybe a storm cellar is going to go to the top of my list after today.

Watching the sky,
Debbie