"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Monday, April 14, 2014

Spring has Sprung....I Think

Yes, I definitely see signs of Spring everywhere we go now.   The daffodils are blooming as well as the dogwood trees and all the fruit trees.   And even though the rain today is supposed to usher in temps in the mid-30's Tuesday and Wednesday morning, I am ever hopeful that it will soon be time to plant our garden.
Our dogwood behind the pavilion just burst open with blooms a couple days ago.
Aren't they pretty against the striking blue sky?
And as I look out over our valley I can see signs of new leaves emerging in a pretty shade of lime green.   Soon all the brown bare limbs will be covered in foliage.
 And do you remember this snow bush?   During one of our snow storms I took a pic of its branches layered with snow and now new leaves are forming along its branches.   Can't wait to see what the "snow" flowers look like.
The planter that runs along the entire length of our back porch is coming alive.    But it only gets sun for a few hours every morning, so, hardly anything in this bed is blooming and I have no idea what all these plants are.   It'll be interesting to see what each plant is as they bloom later this summer.
And I'm trying an experiment.  Remember when I showed you the pics of the wild violets growing in our yard?   Well, yesterday I went down to the barn and pulled out one of my ceramic pots, dug up some violets and potted them in the lime pot.   Now we'll see if they survive on our porch.   Hmmmm,  I recently ran across a recipe to make candied violets and may have to give that a try as well.    There are just so many new experiences to be had here on the farm!
Before we left Florida I bought this adorable bird feeder and could hardly wait for the weather to improve so we could mount it on a sturdy post.   Well, Joel and I put it up a few weeks ago and the birds love it!   I really like the stone facade and bright red door.
And I couldn't resist buying this matching birdhouse......which now rests on a post near our back porch where we can watch the birds from our comfortable rocking chairs.

So, that's the start of Spring at our place.   We pray you will have a good week as Christians around the world observe the death and resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ. 

Blessings to you and yours,
Debbie