"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Monday, October 22, 2012

Two Thumbs Up!

I tried to type this post all weekend, but just couldn't make myself do it.   Saying goodbye to Jeremy was just too fresh a pain in this mama's heart.   But I'm feeling a little better today and decided this morning to finally look at the last pics I took as Joel and Jeremy were preparing to leave our house.

Friday after work, both guys got into comfortable traveling clothes while I packed a cooler full of snacks for them to take in the truck.  Jeremy loaded a couple last minute items in the Jeep and we all tried our best to avoid what was coming next.  Saying this kind of goodbye is new to us as Jeremy has lived with us his whole life, even when he went to school.
First I got a picture of the traveling duo in front of the trailer.   Then, it was Joel's turn behind the camera to get one last shot of Jeremy and I together.
I tried my best not to cry......I think we all did, but that didn't work very well.  Jeremy's dog, Winston, didn't know what all the fuss was about and he just stood quietly while Jeremy loved on him one last time.   At some point in the future, we will either take Winston out there or Jeremy will come and get him.  But for now, Jeremy has enough on his plate getting settled and starting a whole new life in a whole new part of the country.
We couldn't avoid it any longer, the guys really needed to get on the road.  We had one last group hug while Joel prayed as we hugged each other and quietly sobbed in our front yard.  They loaded the cooler and their cell phones into the truck cab and clicked their seat belts and I got one final "thumbs up" from them both just before they pulled out.
Watching them drive off was one of the toughest moments I've had in a very long time.
Now all three of our kids are off in the world making their own way.   I"m really proud of all of them, but I'm sure most moms will agree with me that it's really hard letting go.  Now it's time for Jeremy to find his own way and see what the world has to offer.

And now what?   I'm not really sure!  It hasn't sunk in yet that Joel and I will be alone for the first time in our 27 plus year marriage.  I am still really busy with Pink Florida Threads, but there is a hole here and I'm not quite sure that I should fill it just yet.   One thing is certain, the next year is going to be very interesting for Jeremy AND Joel & I!

See what happens,
Debbie