"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Taking a Break

So I need to take a break from all the stress of the last two weeks.   The best way I know how to decompress is to work out in my yard.   It doesn't matter if I'm planting veggies in the garden or figuring out what new plants to put into our landscape, working in the sunshine with the breeze in my face lifts my spirits.

Recently I planted a living wreath using succulents.  I purchased a wire form online at Kinsman Gardening and lined it with sphagnum moss, then planted many different varieties of succulents to fill it in.   After letting the roots of the plants take hold for more than a week I hung it on our side gate that leads to the backyard.

Of course, the gate was kinda dreary, so I painted it a coral pink!  Then it seemed like that whole area needed just a bit more color and I pulled out 2 old purses and hung them from plant hangars and planted coleus and begonias in them.   Ok, now you're talkin'!!!


All of this is outside my sewing room studio, giving me something cheerful to look at while I work.  What do you think of it?   Joel just shook his head.....LOL.

The old gate we repurposed from up at the river was replanted with the vine (not sure if it's bleeding heart or fuschia) that we had up there and now it has gone nuts!   It is blooming like mad and looking really pretty.



Now if I could just find the time to finish planting my veggie garden.   I'm a little behind this year......gee, I wonder why?
Debbie