"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Friday, October 19, 2012

Today's the Day

Well, today is the day that Jeremy and Joel take off for South Dakota.  I have very mixed emotions about them leaving.  I'm really excited for Jeremy's new adventure but every mama gets a little nervous when their kids fly a little too far away from home.   At least Joel is going with him and I know that he will make sure Jeremy gets settled in before returning to Florida.

In my spare time (Ha!) I have been trying to think of things to send with Jeremy that would let him know how much we all care about him.   Last week I tore the two pages of South Dakota out of our old car atlas and glued them together.   Then, I had the guys at Michael's cut a mat to fit around the map and bought a frame that fit the whole piece.  At Jeremy's going away party we had the guests sign the mat and on the map itself so Jeremy would be able to read well wishes from his friends and family.  Now he'll have at least one piece of "art" to hang on his new apartment walls!

Joel has been so busy that he has left all the details up to me.   So, I printed out their trip on mapquest and arranged his flight back home.   Getting from Sioux Falls to Tampa is not exactly a direct flight!  And I've been researching apartments in Sioux Falls, making lists for Joel so they know which ones to check out.

This was our living room and foyer just before the movers arrived to load the truck.   Now it's all neatly packed and secure and ready for the guys to launch after work!
Our mover dudes have moved us many times over the years and I was relieved when they showed up and started loading the truck.  If you live in Pinellas and need an awesome mover, call Lance's Moving, you won't regret it.   It would have taken us a day to load the truck while they got it done in one hour and twenty minutes, including loading Jeremy's Jeep on the trailer!
A lot of our family and friends have been egging me on and asking what I have planned for Jeremy's room.   Well, I have a few ideas, but for now it's going to remain empty.   I'd like to repaint the walls in his bedroom and bathroom and his carpet needs to be replaced.   After that, who knows?  I do (confession time now) have my eye on a longarm quilt machine that would fit nicely in there.  But that is going to have to wait a year or two.  And just in case he decides to come back to Florida, I think Jeremy's room will stay empty......you know, just in case......

Zero days left,
Sigh,
Debbie