"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Monday, October 15, 2012

Par-tee!

Yes, we managed to put together a going away party with just 3 days of planning.    Jeremy's friends and our family came to our house Sunday to wish Jeremy well and send him off.
We just had to pose for one last family pic because who knows when that will happen again!  Jarrad is in the back, Joel and my mom and I are in the middle row and Julie is sitting with Jeremy.
And what's a party without a cake?    A Publix cake, of course.   And candles that won't blow out, of course!
Some of Jeremy's friends hamming it up outside.
I love having a pic of my three kids.   Hmmmmm.......when did they grow up?    It all seems to have happened much too fast.
I really wanted to make the party special, even if it happened fast.   So, I put on my creative hat and came up with this sign to help guests find out house.   Jeremy did his best to strike the famous pose from the American Gothic picture with a farmer and his wife posing with a pitchfork.
 He could hardly keep a straight face..............he just kept getting the giggles.
It's going to awfully different around here after Jeremy leaves and more than just a little lonely for me.   But I know he is really excited to start off on a new adventure and Joel and I are happy for him.
After the party, Joel and Jeremy hooked up the trailer and went to Jarrad's to retrieve some furniture that Jarrad was donating for Jeremy's apartment.  Our crazy busy day ended with a picture perfect sunset.

Four days and counting,
Debbie