"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Monday, June 8, 2009

Relaxed Summer Class Schedule, A.K.A., We haven't missed a beat!

No, I haven't gone off the deep end.........yet. And you aren't seeing things. This is a picture of our Christmas tree loaded with seashells, flamingos and crazy Florida Coastal colors. Of course I don't have our tree up now! But, next month I will have Christmas carols playing as I make some early Christmas presents. Ha! You thought I was kidding about Christmas in July, didn't you?

If you'd like to join me in making some of your very own precious gifts for your loved ones, give me a call @ 474-3893 and I'll save you a spot. Sew whatever you like and have the camraderie of sewing buddies cheering you on. If you get stuck, I'll be right there to answer your questions and get you on the right path. Seats are limited so reserve early. Cost is $15 for the day from 9am-4pm. Lunch is included and I'll have coffee and make some yummy homemade muffins in the morning. The dates are yet to be decided by YOU! So, gather your girlfriends and let's dream about snowflakes while sewing in our flip flops.

Anyone interested in turning your kid's/spouses t-shirts into a memory quilt for them? (Another great present idea!) This summer is a perfect time to do that, too! Gather up those shirts and give us a call to set up a class time. With a little bit of homework, you should be able to complete a quilt in 3 class days. Class cost is $75 for all 3 days of instruction and Teresa will be the teacher.

I'd also like to hear from any of you who own an Embellisher. They're made by Baby Lock and it's a machine like nothing you've ever seen before. To see what this baby can do, go to http://www.hermajestymargo.blogspot.com/ and drool. I've been fooling around with this technique off and on for a couple of years now and would like to get serious about getting my work to look like Margo's! See, I'm purposely not telling you much so your curiousity will take you to her website and that way you can SEE exactly what I'm so excited about creating for myself.

Well, until the next great idea pops into my head, I'm off to make another cappuccino and catch up on some (yawn*) ironing. Phooey! I'd much rather be sewing! Somebody's gotta do the dirty work........then I can "play" with my machines again.

Dreamin' of sewing,
Debbie