"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Lazy Days of Summer

Isn't this photo a hoot? It represents one of my very favorite childhood memories....camping with "the cousins" deep in the Pocono mountains of Pennsylvania. My dad and his identical twin both had 3 kids. We all lived in the same small town and we started tent camping together. Oh, what fun we had! Sleeping in sleeping bags on a bed of pine needles so deep it was spongey soft, the scent of fresh mountain air all around us, swimming in frigid lakes, and fishing.....well, sorta.

You see, (as my cousin on the left recently reminded me) I wouldn't touch the wiggly worms, so she had to bait my hook for me. I don't think we actually caught anything, but it was a great way to spend a few hours while we giggled and got out of our parents hair. We were never bored and didn't seem to have any problem entertaining ourselves. As a matter of fact, we always hated to have our camping expeditions end. Campfires at night, playing kick the can, flashlight tag, hide and seek, reading......wouldn't you like to go back to those simpler days for just a little while?

Here's hoping you have a relaxing summer vacation. Thanks, cousins, for the sweet memories. SWAK
Debbie