"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Answers to your questions


Several of you have called the shop distressed that Pink Florida Threads is closing and I wanted to be able to answer some of your questions regarding what comes next. Doesn't that make you feel better already? I'm planning that there will be a "next"!

Also, there is the question of "Why am I closing?". Well, just turn on the tv at newstime and listen to the scary downward spiral our economy is taking and that pretty much answers that one, doesn't it? I'm still hopeful we'll make a complete recovery as a country, but, I am choosing to be thrifty at this time and wait for a more robust economy before trying this again.
Retail businesses all across America are closing and PFT is no exception as people are understandably afraid to spend their hard earned money. But, you know me, there is always a silver lining to every situation, and the lining to this one is that I've learned so much this last year and am willing to do it all over again somewhere down the road.

First things first: the last day the shop will be open is Saturday, June 13th as a class is already scheduled for that day. Second, I have already dismantled the retail section of the shop and returned the beautiful consigned items from local artisans to them. If you are interested in any of their items, I can put you in contact with them so you can still buy whatever you wanted to purchase directly from them. Third, I have priced and arranged all the seasonal/holiday decorations, remaining product from classes, and a few pieces of furniture in the front of the shop and you can purchase those items until the 13th.

My hours are going to be kinda sketchy the next two weeks because of packing up and moving things into storage, so, please call ahead before coming to see us. I WILL, however, be there all day Thursday, June 11 and Saturday, June 13 for classes. And, don't forget the Sidewalk Sale is tomorrow, Friday the 5th and Saturday the 6th, and I'll be open from 10-4 for that.

That takes care of the present, now, how about the future? If you are interested in getting together and sewing your own Christmas presents in July, just call the shop number and I'll save you a chair next to me in my home. Lucky, lucky me! I've got a 7' long farmhouse table for us to sew on in my dining room, so there is room for all of us to spread out and sew all day long. I'll still fire up the cappuccino machine, too.

Keep checking the blog for a listing of classes starting in September. My daughter-in-law is part of a group of young moms who want to learn to sew for their toddlers, so, we'll be starting those sweet girls in basic garment sewing skills. If there is a specific skill you are interested in learning, just let me know and I'll work on putting together a class for you.

In the meantime, keep smiling like my buddy in the picture above. Life is sweet and God is good, so give some lovin' to your family and keep on sewing.

On with the next chapter of my life,
Debbie