"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Friday, June 12, 2009

Happy Days


I thought I'd share some pics from our class yesterday. The ladies were making Tag Along Totes in beautiful colors and having quite a good time doing it! No matter how hard we work, we always end up having loads of fun. Between the cappuccino and each sewer learning new techniques, four unique purses came to life under Teresa's skillful teaching eye.Tomorrow is the last class to be held at P.F.T. I'll be packing all my wonderful sewing supplies and machines next week and rearranging them at home so we can continue having fun with new classes there. The ladies yesterday were trying to pin me down to a date to teach the Palm Tree Quilt again, so I know that will be a class that will have to be scheduled soon.
I'm very happy to know that the lovely friends I've made over the last year will be joining me as we try out more new techniques in our new space. While I have to admit to feeling some disappointment about closing the shop, I'm ready to see what this next chapter of my life holds for me.
This week I joined the Tampa Bay Surface Design Guild in an effort to broaden my horizons in art quilting. Since I will have more free time soon, my plan is to work on a pictorial quilt and enter it in a show later on this fall. I've never entered a juried show before and hope that my design will interest the judges enough to allow me to be a part of the show. There are a few other arenas of quilting I'd like to dabble in and as they come to fruition, I'll be sharing them with you.
Thanks for being so supportive,
Debbie