"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Thursday, December 11, 2008

How about an update?

Lots of you have been asking me for updates on baby Nathan, our water leak from earlier this week, and the upcoming St. Pete Times article, so I'll try to fill you in. Most importantly, Nathan has gained back the 10 oz. he lost and weighs in at 8 lbs now. He's been struggling with formula issues, allergies and gas tummyaches since coming home from the hospital, so, finding the right formula has been a little difficult. The pediatrician determined that he has an allergy to milk protein and that caused some blood in his stool. We believe the new formula has cleared up that problem, so, now we just need him to get interested in the taste of this formula and start packing on the weight.


As for our water leak, I'll NEVER store my hurricane water supply inside the house again! Joel is having trouble with his wrist, so, I made an emergency call to my mover who graciously drove over and hefted our huge china cupboard up onto blocks and we have had a fan blowing on the floor ever since Monday to dry out the hardwood flooring. Thankfully, I think everything will be alright. That same night, our son, Jarrad, called us when he left our house to say that he also came home to a leak.....he heard water running and the floor was warm in his son's room and hot water was running under the foundation. Holy cow! So, they've had to shut off their hot water heater and are waiting for Jarrad's dad, who happens to be a plumber, to fly in from Penna. and do the repairs. Thank goodness for handy family members. How much fun is that to deal with 2 weeks after having a baby?

And, now on to things here at P.F.T. A lovely woman, Chris Cosdan, called me Tuesday and came from the St. Petersburg Times to interview me for this Sunday's paper, Dec. 14th. If you're looking for it, the article will appear in the Largo Works section and rerun next Friday in the Clearwater and North Pinellas issue. How fun is that? I'm just knocked out by how blessed I've been in this whole new adventure of starting my very own shop. God has just been so good to me. So, keep coming back and see what happens next!

Back to sewing now,
Debbie