"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Thursday, December 4, 2008

A computer tech, I'm not

Oh, man, have I ever learned my lesson. Eight years ago when I was afraid to even turn a computer on, my husband used to say, "Just try, experiment, nothing bad will happen." So, I eventually sat down and let him teach me the basics. I even started to like doing things on the computer. Now, I'm on the third computer of my very own, with each one getting faster and smarter than the one before it. (Ok, maybe the computers aren't getting any smarter, I am just learning how to use them better.)

Then, I decided to try my hand at a blog. Hmmm, it wasn't so bad to set up, and I felt my confidence growing with each little triumph. So, when I read that I could link my website, http://www.pinkfloridathreads.com/ to the blog, I was ready to plunge in with both feet. After all, "nothing bad will happen." Ha!

I clicked that button that was supposed to do something magical to my 2 internet accomplishments, and then.......horrors! No more blog! Yikes! I could feel the panic rising up inside of me, but I forced myself to remain calm. The information I got from researching the blog's site said it could take up to 48 hours for the "connection" to go through. So, I waited for 2 days with an ever growing knot in my stomach.

Then, tonight, I could take it no longer. I swallowed my pride as I tried to walk nonchalantly into my 19 year old son's bedroom to seek his help. Is there anything more pathetic than a teenager's groans about how inept we adults are at something that comes so naturally to them? He ranted and moaned as he sat down at my beautiful computer and ran his hands over his face as I showed him exactly what I had done and how I had done it. After a few more minutes of his grilling me, he masterfully typed in a few things, and voila, my blog was back. I could hardly believe it.

He made me promise to never, ever, ever do that again. I promise....

Whew, it's great to be back,
Eating humble pie,
Debbie