"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Monday, December 8, 2008

"Houston, we have a problem."

Oh, man....have you ever had things just kinda go wrong at the most inopportune moments? Well, I was all set to tell everyone about the Stroll in the Alley tomorrow, Tuesday Dec. 9th from 6-8PM. Today, I've been attending to last minute details for the refreshments we'll be serving, and buying a few more Christmas lights to hang up when it gets dark tonight.

Then, while I was on the phone with my daughter-in-law asking how baby Nate was doing, I spotted it. The fly in the ointment, the last minute problem, the "man, how am I going to fix that?" moment that life sometimes drops in our laps when we have way too much on our plates. Yup! That extra 2 gallon container of Zephyrhills water I kept in case of a hurricane....just sitting there next to my antique 7 foot china cabinet......had leaked. Not just a wee little bit, but almost all 2 gallons had slipped quietly, slowly out of it's plastic container and slid between the very heavy, flat bottomed cabinet and the hardwood floor of our rental dining room.

Hmmm.....mild panic was almost setting in as my mind raced about how I was going to take care of this one. Well, I have just finished emptying the cabinet, my husband and youngest son should be home soon, and when the oldest son gets here from work, we'll have to lift it up, set it on blocks to dry the underside, and survey the damage to the hardwood flooring. Yeah, and I'm expecting close to 1,000 folks tomorrow evening at the shop. This is EXACTLY what I wanted to do tonight.

No time to cook, so, I guess we'll be having hot dogs for dinner tonight....how about you?