"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Bloomin' Time

It looks like October's cooler weather did the trick for my Christmas cactus plants.   They developed a boatload of buds over the last several weeks and now my favorite plant is just bursting with color.   The cactus should be in full bloom next week, just in time for Christmas!   Yippee!



The cooler weather also makes me want to knit.   Knit socks, knit scarves, knit whatever!   My fingers just itch to knit something, anything.   Here's what I've been busy knitting over the last couple of months.....

These kooky looking things will soon be flowers that can be pinned onto jackets, purses or whatever suits your fancy.   They still need to be thrown in the washing machine and "felted" using hot water and lots of agitation.   Since they were made with pure wool, they will shrink up and curl up and become nice and soft.....you won't even be able to see the individual stitches, just smooth, thick, plushiness!


Here's a peek at the backside of the pink one.   Notice the long lime green stem?   After I have them all felted, I'll show you pics of them all completed.

And here are the socks I finished last month.  I thought you had to have 20 different yarns to make a pair of socks like this.  Well, I was wrong, you just have to find the right yarn that is dyed in small increments so that you get these fun patterns developing as you knit!   I love it so much that last night I started another pair of socks with a different yarn.   Knitting these things is addicting!   And it's something productive to do at night while watching tv with Joel.

Now, this one will stump you for sure.   It looks like an alien clamshell.......or something........It's going to be a purse.   Yeah, I know, doesn't look like much now, does it?   Well, this baby also has to be felted in the washing machine.   Then, I will sew it onto a frame and you'll see the final results soon.

Suffice it to say, I'm having way too much fun with all of this.  More pics later.  Only 9 days until Christmas so maybe I should put all this away and concentrate on finishing my Christmas shopping and baking.......

Happy Shopping,
Debbie