"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Whip It!

Sorry to be gone so long........lot's happening here.    You'll hear all about that over the next few months.   In the meantime, I was checking out my refrigerator this morning to see what to make for dinner tonight when I noticed the date on my quart of heavy cream.    Yikes!   It had expired on the 17th.   And I hate to waste food, especially when it costs as much as milk products do today.   So I got an idea of how to use it all up in one fell swoop.

I just poured the cream into my mixing bowl and whipped it until it was nice and thick and added a few tablespoons of powdered sugar and 2 tsp. vanilla.   Then I scrounged around in my cupboards until I found my trusty Pampered Chef "Easy Accent Decorator".   It's simply a tube with interchangeable fittings on the business end that you use to push creamy fillings out onto a flat surface into decorative shapes.  

I choose the large "flower" shape and piped dozens of dollops of whipped cream onto parchment lined baking sheets.   Into the deep freeze they went.  In a couple of hours I'll pull them out, and gently toss them all into a zip-lock bag and back into the freezer they go.   Now, when I make cappuccino every morning, I can just pop one of the pre-made whipped cream "flowers" into my drink.   Ta-da!!  
Hope you're having a "whippy" day yourself!
Debbie