"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Football Food

Anyone who knows me well, knows how much I love football and football season.   I mourn when the season is over, so, it is with great patience that my husband indulges me every Sunday from August to February as I watch as many games as I am able.   Today I decided to make hearty football food as we watched the Giants and the Saints.

 We bought a loaf of gluten free Italian bread yesterday and I cut it in half midway across the loaf and cut that one end in half again lengthwise.
Then I scooped out the middle of each half so it wouldn't be so "bread-y".   The bread I pulled out will get dried in my dehydrator and turned into breadcrumbs.

Yum, nothing smells as good as meatballs simmering in sauce.  These I made last month and had frozen for sandwiches.   All I had to do today was thaw and warm up.
Next, I loaded the sandwiches with meatballs and sauce.  Almost there.....


 Provolone cheese slices go on top.
Then I popped them under the broiler for a few minutes.   Watch them closely so as not to burn them.
Add a small salad and dinner is served..........on tv trays..........in front of the tv during the third quarter of the game.   Yum, dinner......done!

There's another game at 8!
Debbie