"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Remember Brandy Alexander?




Not a person named Brandy Alexander; an alcoholic drink is what I was referring to. I remember drinking them during the late 70's and thought they must be a very sophisticated drink because it took several types of alcohol mixed together then poured into a tall stemmed glass. And they were easy to consume for a non-drinker like myself.

After I spent the entire weekend preparing for Christmas, I decided to take a break after dinner Sunday night. My guys are out Christmas shopping and I thought I'd treat myself to a special drink. Ta-da! It's an espresso martini! Yum....in our family we call these an adult milkshake. Call it what you want, it works for me. Oh, yeah, and I'm also using my favorite napkin which says, "I'll have a cafe mocha vodka valium latte to go please". Yup, that about says it all for me.
Espresso Martini
1-1/2 oz. chilled espresso
1-1/2 oz. Stolichnaya vanilla vodka
1-1/2 oz. Godiva chocolate liqueur
1 oz. Kahlua
1-1/2 oz. half & half
Pour all ingredients over ice and shake. Pour into a chilled martini glass and enjoy.
Now this is the way to start my Christmas/birthday week!
Debbie