"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Guess where we were?

Yes, after being gone for more than a month, we went back to the river for a brief weekend of R&R. We woke up to a chilly 38 degree morning on Saturday and when I opened the blinds in the kitchen which have a view of the river, this is what I saw.
The warm water clashing with the cold incoming north wind created this most beautiful effect on the river. I hurried to throw on some warm clothes, grabbed my camera and dashed down to the dock to capture some shots before the fog evaporated. Apparently I disturbed this Great Heron because he squawked at me as he lifted up and over to the other side of the river where he took up his perch on a branch and glared at me.

Several other times for two years I've tried in vain to capture the fog on the river, but each time it evaporated before I could get off any good shots. Fortunately this time I woke up early enough to snap a few interesting pics.

Ahhh, it's just so peaceful on the docks all alone except for a few birds searching for breakfast and the ever-present squirrels chattering up in the oak trees.

This was most definitely a cappuccino moment. After this shot I scurried back to our Tin Can Cabin to heat up the espresso machine and thaw out my fingers. Hope you enjoy these snapshot glimpses into our little haven away from home.
The Early Bird,
Debbie