"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Monday, December 28, 2009

Final products.....4 months in the making


I thought I'd fill the lull between Christmas and New Year's by showing you the quilts I made for our four grandkids.   The idea came to me last summer that one way to build memories for my grandkids was to make them Christmas quilts that mom could put on their beds each year the day after Thanksgiving.   That way, they would be able to use them at least 6 weeks each year and (hopefully) they will look forward to using them each Christmas holiday.

Awwwwwww......I think he likes his quilt.  This is our youngest grandbaby snuggling in...for at least 4 seconds before he was off to check out whatever lurks behind the love seat.   Just warms my heart seeing that fuzzy blonde hair peeking out from under the quilt.

Here's a close up of the border and the trees.   Doesn't everyone like limey Christmas trees?   I really like the white and black fabrics for the background.  And the red fabric border has bells on it.

And the back of the quilt is "wrapped" like a package.  I hope the kids enjoy the quilts as much as I enjoyed making them. 

Tomorrow I'll show you another one,
Debbie