"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Sunday, March 15, 2009

"Flocking" to P.F.T.







Can you believe this guy? Or maybe it's a mama egret who is interested in a baby quilt to line her nest for an upcoming arrival. Well, she's come to the right place!

While teaching a class a couple of days ago, this white egret just starting walking in the back door of the shop. Now that's one of the great delights of living in Florida! Needless to say, I was a little startled at first, but ran to get my camera and got off a few shots before he/she decided to check out some of the other shops in the Alley. This gives a whole new meaning to the term "snowbirds", don't you think?

Hmmmm, maybe he/she was looking for some companionship. You see, my two flamingo's, Floyd and Flora are out front. Floyd just hangs out in the garden all day lookin' good, and Flora works hard at greeting everyone at the front door. So, help me out with this one, if one bird is just "a" bird, and two are a pair, aren't three a flock? I'll let you ponder that conundrum while you sip your morning coffee.

Make it a wonder-filled day,
Debbie(gotta go make my cappuccino)