"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Monday, July 11, 2016

Surprise Visitors

Saturday afternoon Joel and I were puttering around in the house when someone knocked on our back door.  It was our "down the road" neighbors, Craig and Kristi....and they brought someone with them. Our soon-to-be-ours puppies!  It has been two weeks since we last saw them and boy have they ever grown.
Joel immediately picked up his buddy for some cuddling time.   His name is going to be Sabre.   Joel's been pretty quick to come up with some names for the new pups and he says Sabre fits the tan puppy he has claimed as his own.  Sabre seems to like cuddling against Joel's chest.   Let the bonding begin!
Our current dogs, Winston and Molly came out onto the porch to get acquainted for the first time.    Huh.   No big deal.   All four dogs were as relaxed as old shoes with one another.   Ok, that hurdle is behind us.    Even though these new dogs are going to be "outside" dogs, it's still important that the four dogs know one another so there will be no challenging each other.
After only a few minutes of sniffing their new environment these little guys hunkered down next to Craig's feet to rest.   Too.  Dang.   Cute.
I did, however, get in some puppy snuggling myself.   Who could resist their playfulness?   Their incredibly soft, fluffy coats?  Their sweet little puppy noises?   And, lest we forget.....these guys are going to grow up really fast into really big dogs.    I want them both to know me and be comfortable with me from the outset.....and I with them since I tend to be intimidated by big strong dogs.  Like I said before, let the training begin!
And then they were back to napping while we humans drank iced coffee and chatted.   It's only two more weeks until they come to live on Whispering Oaks.   Now it's time for Joel and I to prepare their new home.    I guess that's project #1 on the agenda for this week.
There's just one problem.   What am I going to name this cutie patootie?   I have no idea.    We have a list of names that we add onto and then cross names off of....and none of them seem to fit this little guy.  Joel always picks something fierce as he perceives these dogs to be our guardians one day.    And I seem to pick something a bit more romantic....not necessarily girly, but I would like a name that really describes this boy.

Hmmmm, this may be like naming the cats.   I had to watch them for a few weeks to see their personalities and then the names simply popped into my head.    Guess I had better do some creative thinking so this little guy knows his name sooner rather than later.

Naming contest, anyone?
Debbie