"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Details

The day of the quilt guild picnic here on the farm was a crazy busy day and while I thought I was taking the time to take a ton of pics, it turns out I missed a lot of shots that I now wish I had taken.   I have, however, come across a few photos that tie into that event and thought I'd show them to you now.
What we have here are the flower centerpieces from the tables.   After the party one of the girls had arranged them in a row on the table of our screened in porch and I liked the way it looked so much I shot this pic of them.    The flowers kept really well for over a week and added a festive touch to the porch.
This is a close up of the repurposed chalkboard sign from my shop in Florida.   It worked great hanging on the wall under the galvanized W.O.F. letters.   I can think of a ton of ways to use this sign in the future.   The sign is actually an old cupboard door from a vintage kitchen of a circa early 1900's house.   The outside wood has chippy paint and the black is simply chalkboard paint covering the center panel of the door.  It's one of my favorite farmhouse pieces.
Ugh!  Remember this ugliness?   This is the damaged wall and entry to the bathroom in the pavilion before we remodeled.   Well, I had shown you how bad this looks before but never gave you a peek at how wonderful it looks now with new trim, a repaired threshold and fresh paint.
Ta-da!  Quite a difference, wouldn't you say?   And now the door has a sweep attached to the bottom to help prevent little bugs from entering the bathroom and making a mess in our clean space.

In preparation for the picnic I had 4 signs made up at a local sign shop in town.   It was handy to simply drive my car to 3 strategic locations along the road and push the metal sign posts into the ground.   The ladies who came to the picnic said the signs really helped them know where to turn to get to our place way out in the country.
Our red adirondack chairs are usually on the concrete pad of the pavilion.   But there was no room for them the day of the picnic so instead we decided to place them around the farm.   Now that these two chairs are out by the potager garden overlooking the valley I think we may leave them there permanently.   The view of the valley is my favorite and I love looking into my garden, too.
We also placed one solitary adirondack chair way out beyond the girl's pasture on what I like to call "Sit Upon Rock".   The chair easily rests on a huge boulder with another beautiful view of the valley below.   And it's a favorite place for me to sit with my box of watercolors and a sketch pad.....puttering around with my paints.
As I walked outside a couple of weeks ago to walk the dogs, this is the view I had of the full moon rising above the mountain, framed by the big maple tree and the adirondack chairs.   Yup, what a great place to sit and enjoy the simple moments of life.

Life is good,
Debbie