"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Eggs, Socks and Musings

Oh, how I wish I had thought to take a picture of the pretty eggs Barb gave us on our last trip to her house.   Her "girls" lay the neatest colored eggs...and Barb shared a couple dozen with us.  She has even made her own label for egg carton containers.   Cute, huh?
 I don't know what's going on, but I can't seem to stop knitting socks these days.   They're a great project to carry with you when sitting at the DMV, waiting at the dentist's office, or sitting and watching tv with your mate.
And the yarns that are available now..........oh, don't get me started.   I keep buying yarn wherever I go because the saturated colors are so scrumptious!   I just can't seem to resist them.  I've been knitting so much that I finally broke down and made a small bag, just to hold sock knitting projects.  This bag is perfect for holding my pattern, the double pointed needles and a ball of yarn.  Ha!   Now I have "socks on the go"!
In my stash was some Kaffe Fassett fabric, well, actually, there is a lot of Kaffe fabric in my stash....but, I digress.   I just love his bold use of color and picked this piece of fabric to use as the backing and put clear vinyl on the front so I could always see which project I was working on. 
I added my label to the front.....

 .....and my favorite snaps on a tab for a simple closure.   When closed, the tab doubles as a handle for carrying the bag.

And when we take long trips, the little bag fits neatly inside the bigger matching bag, which holds sweaters that I'm knitting.    I'll post more pics of this huge knitting bag and another one for hand embroidery on my other blog www.pinkfloridathreads.blogspot.com in a couple days.   Look for it there.

Back to the studio,
Debbie