"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring Garden-2011


It's hard to believe my garden is even surviving this year.   I've been neglecting it for long days on end, but I guess the fertilizer that was applied back in early March is working for me.  

How satisfying it is to walk out around the raised beds and drench them with water, all the while checking out how much things have grown since the last time I looked in on them.  Yippee, tomatoes!


Here's one of my all time favorites, fennel....yum!   I can hardly wait until the bulbs have doubled in size so they can be brought into the kitchen and cooked up in a favorite casserole.


Thyme anyone?   Have you got the thyme?   Thyme to get cooking.....ok, ok, you get the idea.   But seriously, this stuff is really taking off!

And it looks like we may even harvest some blackberries this year.   Woo-hoo!   Pie, cobbler, shortbread anyone?   Yes, it looks like spring is officially here. 

Happy Spring,
Debbie