"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Salmon, anyone?

Does anyone else love salmon as much as I do?   AND, it's good for you!   Made this last night and just had to take a pic of it before diving in.....yum, it was delish.  The recipe was Arugula, Asparagus and Salmon, but I don't care for arugula so I substituted curly leaf lettuce and it worked just fine.  

Basically, you bake the salmon in a 400 degree oven for 18 minutes and let it cool while you steam (2 minutes only) fresh asparagus cut into 2" pieces and let them cool also.   Arrange cut up lettuce on your plate with asparagus spears and 6-8 (or more if you're like me!) fresh blackberries sprinkled around.  Then place salmon on top.

For a scrumptious fast sauce/dressing, smash 16 blackberries in a bowl, add 2 tsp. honey, 4 tsp. low sodium soy sauce, 2 tsp. dark sesame oil, and 1/4 cup fresh orange juice.   Whisk to combine and drizzle over lettuce and salmon.   I decided to make some couscous with peas to go with it and it worked beautifully.   A light, flavorful, healthy meal.........now where did I put that Gelato in the freezer?  

Berry-licious,
Debbie