"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Food & Flowers


 Seems as though my interests come and go in spurts.  You know what I mean, don't you?   You "get in the mood" to garden because the weather is exceptionally beautiful after several dreary days.   Or you are tired of the same old menu so you pull out a cookbook and suddenly your tastebuds are wishing the food could jump off the page and majically appear on your plate.  Well, this bolognese sauce "appeared" on our plates, and boy, was it yummy!!  Thank you, Giada.

 Of course, an Italian meal wouldn't be complete without soft, garlic drizzled knots.  These yeasty, puffs of goodness get lavished with olive oil, minced garlic and herbs....not to mention a healthy dusting of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.  Here they are as they rise in a draft free warm oven.


 Oh........my.........goodness.......

 And I really needed to show you the ground orchids that have been blooming on my front porch for the last month.  They just keep going and going and going.   Orchids are my favorite flowers.....I never get tired of looking at them or smelling their delicious perfume.

How wacky is this Christmas cactus?    Mine seem to bloom twice a year, most years, and this one is really putting on a show.  Of course they bloom at Christmas time, but when the plants are placed outside for our chilly winter, they get confused and bloom again in the spring.  This one bloomed in time for Easter.

So there you have it, food and flowers.    Not very profound, but definitely a happy part of my everyday life.
Debbie