"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Friday, March 25, 2011

Up the Lazy River

 Can you feel the breeze from this picture?  These wonderful, gnarled cypress trees sit just inside the edges of the St. John's River.   I love the way the Spanish moss drapes over the branches and moves with the slightest bit of air drifting by them.
 The bridge just happened to be opening for a sailboat as we approached it.  Usually it opens for barges chugging their way to Jacksonville with heavy cargo.
 Ok, I don't know about you, but I can just picture myself taking a sip of my first cup of coffee in the morning while lounging on the covered dock.   Are you there yet?
These little guys were so darned cute that I had to snap a quick shot of them before we scared them off.   Ah, yes, just another lazy day on the river......spring is here, can you feel it?

Happy Friday,
Debbie