"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Gator Nation

 For those of you uninitiated who don't follow college sports, I'll fill you in on Gator Nation.   That's what Floridians call the University of Florida in Gainesville sports fans.  And they are rabid fans!
 Well, my friend Susan and I were at the river this last weekend and we saw five different gators while out on the river....yikes!    It's mating season and they were everywhere.   Cousin Steve took us out on the boat for a quick ride before we left Monday and these are just a few of the gators we came across.
Pretty impressive, aren't they?   The smallest one we saw was at least 5 ft. long and the biggest one was .....hmmmmm, I'm guessing here, maybe 8 ft.   It's hard to tell when they're swimming in the river with nothing next to them to measure against.   It was fun seeing all the wildlife out and about, I'm just glad we were in the boat a safe distance away from them.

Searching for the "wild life",
Debbie