"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Planting Time

 Joel and I were up at the river for 5 days recently and the weather was simply glorious.  As usual, we couldn't just sit and relax.....no, not us.  We had Billy replace the broken wooden lattice at the front of the cabin with some kind of hard plastic lattice that will last forever.   Then I planted ever bearing roses that will bloom year round.
 Here are the same roses that we planted a few months ago along the side of the back porch.    They are blooming like crazy!   Joel put in a microdrip system for the entire yard and put it on timers so we don't have to worry about watering things when we're not there.   He even built the little box you see above to cover the manifold so everything is protected from someone stepping on it.   Handy guy!
 We also planted white azaleas under the oaks........
and "planted" a bottle tree.    Ok, now I'm having fun!  And yes, we did take time to swing in the hammock, read a good book, and sleep in late.    I think I'm finally over "THE three week respiratory flu bug"......thanks to lots of rest and 2 courses of antibiotics.    Yikes!  I have been sick every couple of weeks this winter, most likely due to burning the candle at both ends.   Haven't been sick like this since nursing school when I was really run down, so, we decided to slow down and eliminate unnecessary stressors.    Yea, I'm all for that.

A "work weekend" at the river was just what the doctor ordered....giggle.....now I'm counting the weeks until we get to go back up there and do it all again!

Resting comfortably,
Debbie