"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Animal Antics

 Look who was showing off when I walked out to the barn......Miss Chloe.   These cats have shocked Joel and I with their acrobatic stunts.   We have found them way up in the rafters of the barn.....walking around like it's an everyday occurrence.   Ok, so, it is an everyday occurrence for them.   But it's still surprising to look up and see a cat sitting oh-so-comfortably in the corner of a 25' high rafter.


Yup, she just claws her way up the thick support posts....and in a flash, she is high upon a rafter under the roof overhang.
She seems to be saying,"What are you looking at?".
We have had a very wet winter this year as promised by all the weathermen who predicted an El Nino year.   I was so grateful for a sunny day a few days ago and apparently, so were the boy alpacas because I went out to check on them and they were all in the pasture up near my studio.    I had put out rows of hay for them and they were so happy to have their favorite hay to munch on while basking in the warmth of a winter sun.
Apollo, the light tan alpaca, and his buddy, Alphonso, the fawn colored boy, hung out together near Joel's bee hives.    They kept looking off into our woods, I'm not sure what they saw back there.
Here's Diablo.  He's one of two of my favorite boys.   I can always tell him by the little dot of brown fleece on his left hindquarter.   He has the thickest coat of fleece and is always the first one to greet me every morning when it's time to get fed.
 He was enjoying this row of hay so much that in between munching on it, he laid down right on top of it!    And then he sighed as if to say, "How wonderful!".   He just cracks me up.  

And that, folks, is the round up of animal antics for today.    Who needs any more entertainment than that?
Debbie